Powder Coating Institute 2020 Scholarship Program to Open January 13
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2019
The Powder Coating Institute (PCI) will begin accepting applications for its 2020 PCI Scholarship Program on January 13, 2020. Designed to award students studying in areas that advance powder coating technologies, the program includes the PCI General Scholarship, and four corporate member-sponsored scholarships: the PCI/Axalta Scholarship, the PCI/Gema Scholarship, the PCI/Nordson Ken Kreeger Scholarship, and the PCI/PPG Scholarship.
To qualify, a candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year technical school, four-year university, or graduate program that offers degrees that can service the powder coating industry, such as chemistry, polymer science, engineering, manufacturing, business management or sales/marketing. The area of study must be useful for a career in the powder coating industry.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Complete a PCI Scholarship application and attach the following required documents with the application by the deadline:
- Completed application.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor.
- Birth certificate or green card showing proof of citizenship or permanent residency.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate an interest or previous experience in powder coatings.
Candidates must complete the online application and submit supporting documents by March 13, 2020. Interested applicants should go to www.powdercoating.org/scholarship to submit the required information. Scholarship winners will be asked to provide one brief follow-up summary of educational experiences during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The PCI Scholarship Subcommittee reviews the applications and awards scholarships based on the following set of criteria, established and approved by the PCI Board of Directors:
- Specific studies and projects related to powder coatings.
- Future goals & career objectives.
- Unique qualifications/goals/aspirations.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Grade point average.
Representatives from Axalta Coating Systems, Gema USA, Nordson Corporation, and PPG Industries will be a part of the selection process for each of their respective scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded in April and presented at PCI’s Annual Meeting in June at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake in Whitefish, Montana.
We are truly excited that each year the number of applicants considered for our scholarship program increases,” says PCI Executive Director Trena Benson. “Again, we are thrilled to offer these scholarships for 2020 to help support students who are interested in building a career path in our industry."
To see previous scholarship award winners and learn more about the program, visit our website: www.powdercoating.org/scholarship.